Tuesday, July 3, 2012

America(s) the Beautiful!

Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans! I everyone around the world has a pleasant Fourth of July. I have a quick post today to show you my patriotic mani: Julep's America over Zoya's America!
When my July Julep Maven box arrived in the mail, I knew I wanted to use America but I wasn't sure which route to take. First, I tried it by itself. That didn't give me the look I was going for. Then, I put it over white, which looked messy. Finally I decided to layer it over red, but which red? After going through my polishes I decided to try Zoya's America. Not only did it make sense name-wise, but the color worked perfectly too. Zoya's application was flawless as usual. America was a  bit more challenging as it was quite thick and goopy. I've used some glitter-heavy polishes before (Lynnderella, Rainbow Honey) that were much easier to apply than Julep's America. After a bit of digging around in the bottle I was able to apply a star to each one of my nails. My biggest gripe with America is that the stars are sparse in the bottle and difficult to see once on the nail. Overall, I like this combo, and I think Julep's America makes for a gorgeous patriotic mani!







Would you like a box full of Julep polishes for only ONE PENNY and FREE SHIPPING? All you have to do is follow this link to sign up for the Julep Maven program. http://www.julep.com/?r=19129224
Once you checkout, use code COLOR2012, and within days a box of Julep polishes and products of your choosing will arrive! Once enrolled, you can skip months or cancel anytime with ease. I love the Maven program! No obligations, just gorgeous polish when I want it, and the first month is FREE!

How about a FREE bottle of Zoya nail polish? All you have to do is follow this link and sign up for an account. https://www.artofbeauty.com/rd/011E967F A code for a free bottle of polish will automatically be placed in your account and can be used immediately. The coupon will appear in the “My Coupons/ Promos” section of the “My Account” Page.

Happy Fourth of July! Get your hands on some polish and some polish on your nails!

5 comments:

  1. That's a cute mani! Haha it's clever that you used America over America! ;-) They go well together.

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing nails! I love it .... very patriotic!

    Samantha (Nail Art Couture)
    Drop by and Enter my Julep Intro Box Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally digging this. LOOKS LOVELY!!

    Happy 4th of July to you.

    ReplyDelete