Saturday, May 19, 2012

LEX Cosmetics: Tuilleries

As soon as I saw Tuilleries by LEX Cosmetics on the nails of Jessica at Nail Polish Anonymous, I had to have it. Oodles of lovely pink, fuchsia, red, orange, white and silver micro and hex glitters float around in the soft pink base of this polish. The inspiration for this polish was tulips, which are my favorite flower. For me, there was nothing not to love about Tuilleries, which is why I headed over to LEX Cosmetics and scooped it up right after seeing it. With LEX, people submit descriptions and color inspirations for polishes they'd like to have created. The submissions are voted upon, and the winner gets created! A portion of the sales is donated to a charity, which is admirable. When you purchase Tuilleries, one dollar is donated to lung-cancer research.

Here's the inspiration for Tuilleries from the LEX Cosmetics website: First, tulips are one of the first signs that spring is really, truly, finally here! Second, they always remind me of my mother...I would love to have a color that can represent her in every way: in beauty, in color, in her favorite things, and in her uniqueness. My color would be light pinkish-red with glass-like flecks of silver, red, pink, and orange within it to showcase the depth of both tulips and my mother.

The polish looks beautiful even after just one coat, but it is sheer. To achieve the opaqueness I was looking for, I used three coats.



sunlight

indoors, no flash 
What do you think? Does Tuilleries remind you of tulips? It was love at first sight for me!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a gorgeous polish! I can see why you fell in love with it! I like that it's both light and dreamy, and at the same time interesting with all that pretty glitter! <3

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Yun! Isn't it lovely?

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty!


    p.s. I'm having a giveaway if you'd like to check it out!
    devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

    ReplyDelete