Friday, May 18, 2012

Getting Into Indies!

I've recently started getting into indie nail polishes and frankens, and I thought I would go ahead and post about my experiences! My fellow-nail polish lover Jen over at Jen's Polishes sent me a lovely franken that she made called I Dream in Color. She put it in an adorable star bottle (my favorite shape!) and as you can see, it's quite pretty!
I Dream in Color over Zoya Star
I also made my first few indie purchases, with more to follow, I'm sure, as regular polish just seems so boring now! ;) I purchased two Lynnderellas (The Telltale Heart and Cauldron Drippings) and Floam by Nail-Venturous.

Lynderella's polishes are stunning. When I first learned of them, I would ogle pictures, and then when I actually saw them in person, I stared at them as much as I did my engagement ring when my fiance first proposed. That's how much these polishes shimmer and shine! First is The Telltale Heart, which has fuchsia square, hexagon and micro glitter in pink tinted base. There's the tiniest but of a blue shimmer in there, too. Here it is over Zoya's Kiki.
Lynderella's The Telltale Heart over Zoya's Kiki
chock full o' glittery goodness!
If you were around in the 90s, you might remember Floam, a modeling compound with little bubble beads. It was put out by Nickelodeon. Here's a pic for reference. (I do not own this image.) Nail-Venturous came up with a brilliant polish that looks exactly like Floam. You can layer it over a greenish-blue or put a few coats on and wear it alone. It's very novel and becoming increasingly popular!

Nail-Venturous's Floam over Zoya Zuza
it really does look like Floam!
This last polish is my other Lynderella. I can't wait to own more! I was lucky enough to scoop this up in a flash sale at Llarowe. Lynn's are hard to find, as Llarowe is the only distributor at this time. They are sold via a wishlist, because the popularity of these polishes makes it impossible to keep them in stock! The best way I can describe Cauldron Dripping's is by calling it a glitter-gasm! The dominant color is orange, and there are orange micro, square, hex and bar glitters. You can also spot green squares, yellow hexes, purple hex and bar, and more! I had seen this polish over mostly oranges and blacks, so I wanted to see how it looked over something different. I put it over Zoya's Kimber, which is a shimmery pink, and it was a neat look...of course, I forgot to take a picture before I removed it and put it over Zoya's Carly. Carly is a metallic purple and I since I like orange and purple together, I thought I'd dig the combo. I actually preferred it over Kimber. Figuring out the best polish to put under Lynns is something I'm still working on, but  here is Cauldron Drippings over Carly. 

Lynnderella's Cauldron Drippings over Zoya Carly.

a complete glitter-gasm!
I hope you enjoyed my first indie polish post! I plan on continuing to get more of these amazing and unique polishes on my nails: I've a preorder in with Rainbow Honey, a custom order in with Lacquistry, a new Dollish Polish on the way, and I'm going to getting more Lynnderellas when the next round of wishlists take place over at Llarowe! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment