Sunday, April 15, 2012

Too Faced Cosmetics: Better Than False Lashes Nylon Lash Extension System Review

After loving Too Faced's LashGASM Mascara, I was psyched when they sent me their latest in mascaras:  Better Than False Lashes Nylon Lash Extension System. It's a lash extension system which uses a mascara activator and sealer in combination with nylon lash enhancing fibers. As always, the packaging from Too Faced is gorgeous. The box has a front flap that opens to reveal the two tubes and a set of detailed but easy to follow instructions. The gold tube is used for steps 1 and 3. The white tube is the fibers used in step 2.


Steps 1 & 3

Step 2

Here's how it works: First you apply 1-2 coats of the mascara as an activator so the nylon fibers have something to stick to. Next, you apply 1-2 coats of the fibers just as you would regular mascara. The nylon fiber applicator is a spool wand. Applying the fibers was an interesting experience! I felt like I was brushing thin strands of cotton onto my lashes. It was strange, but not difficult or uncomfortable. Finally, you seal the look with the golden tube of mascara.

Let's take a look at my lashes throughout application.

bare lashes

after an activating coat

after brushing on the fibers. they can be a little messy, so just take your time!

after sealing the look with a few coats

Upon first application, I wasn't sure what to make of the results. It's obviously a huge improvement from my bare lashes. The product lengthened my lashes and gave me some curl and volume, but it's not what I had envisioned when thinking of a product that was "better than false lashes." I wanted more volume and better separation. I decided to try again, this time using more fibers and really concentrating on the areas where I wanted the most volume. This yielded the look in the picture above.

Conclusion: Even though I didn't get a red-carpet lash look, Too Faced's Better Than False Lashes Nylon Lash Extension System was better than false lashes for me. Why? Because I've never applied false lashes and they're not really my thing. What I'm into is any mascara that can get me as much length and volume as possible. BTFL are an easy on, easy off substitution for false lashes. Like I said earlier, the fibers absolutely add lots of length and I would purchase them if Too Faced ever sells them separately. I'm still in love with my LashGASM mascara and I can't wait to try more Too Faced products!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh this one looks really great.. before and after... The steps might be a bit much But I like the result.. :-)

    ReplyDelete