Thursday, March 29, 2012

Final Round, Part 2

For the final post of Mascara March Madness I will be reviewing Bare Minerals Flawless Definition mascara. This mascara was provided to me by the company at my request. Let's look at some photos of the packaging.


They sent me a sample size. The packaging was pretty basic, and the applicator had lots of short bristles. That type of applicator tends to make for easy application and lots of lash separation. Here's my eye with the mascara.

Application was easy and it did separate my lashes. There was no "wow" factor. Length, volume, and curl were added, but they were minimal. Anything is an improvement over my bare lashes, but I wouldn't reach for this mascara if I were looking to really accentuate my eyes. I would recommend this mascara to a novice, or someone who was going for a more natural look.

Name
Volume
Length
Curl
Application
Overall
Maybelline Illegal Length
3
4
2
4
13
Blink-worthy
Maybelline The Falsies Flared
1
1
2
2
6
Keep your shades on.
Too Faced Cosmetics LashGASM
4
4
3
5
16
Totally battable!
Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender
2
2
2
5
11
Blink-worthy
Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara
3
3
3
2
11
Blink-worthy
Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara
2
2
2
3
10
Blink-worthy

The winner of this round is Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara.

Each sub-section is rated on a scale of 1-5, with 1 being the worst, and 5 being the best.
The overall ratings are based on the total of the sub-sections.
Overall ratings are:
Keep your shades on. 4-9
Blink-worthy 10-14
Totally battable! 15-20

No comments:

Post a Comment