Tuesday, February 28, 2012

March (Mascara) Madness!

Forget basketball. This month we're going to be playing with MASCARA! If I had to choose only one beauty product to use for the rest of my life, it would be mascara. It makes such a difference in my appearance. I can look like a complete slob, apply some mascara, and suddenly I only look a little gross! ;) All kidding aside, I really do love the effects of mascara.
I want to have some fun this month, and I would love for my followers to be involved! I plan to try six mascaras (likely to be drugstore brands if I have to purchase them myself) and rate them on a scale that I will develop with reader input. I will create the scale and see which products readers would like me to try in the first few days of March. Then, throughout the first three weeks of March, I will post reviews and photos of each mascara that I try. Finally, during the last week of March, I will host a giveaway for a brand new bottle of whichever mascara gets the highest rating!
Here's the plan/schedule in a nutshell:
Now through March 3: Take requests from readers about which mascaras they would like to see featured and what they would like me to include on the rating scale.
March 4-24: Try a total of 6 different mascaras and post reviews and photos.
March 25-31: GIVEAWAY TIME!
In order for March Mascara Madness to be a success, I need your help! Please leave comments here or on Facebook, email me, or even Tweet your requests and suggestions. I would love to hear from you! In fact, as a little incentive, I will award you one entry in the mascara giveaway if you get in touch with me by March 3rd telling me which products you'd like to see reviewed and what you would like to see included in the rating scale. Thank you for your support!

3 comments:

  1. I vote for Almay One Coat Nourishing mascara. I seriously doubt it really does anything nourishing, but I hear it does a good job at making your lashes look both thicker and longer. I have heard that there tends to be a difference in the amount of volume and thickness when comparing waterproof and non-waterproof mascaras, but I have not tested this out myself. Supposedly non-waterproof mascaras give more volume and thickness in a single coat than their waterproof counterparts. I think this might be interesting to test- same brand, same line, only difference is whether or not the mascara is waterproof or not. Just a suggestion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions, Jen! I'll definitely look into Almay. I received a suggestion on my Facebook page for Loreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara so I'll be checking that one out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've received a few more suggestions:
    MAC False Lashes Extreme
    Maybelline The Falsies
    Maybelline Illegal Length

    I can't wait to start trying some of these!

    ReplyDelete