Sunday, February 5, 2012

JW Slow Feed Bowl


When she was about 6 months old, my fiance had to give our chocolate lab the Heimlich maneuver. It was then that I knew we had to do something about how quickly she consumed her food. After researching solutions, I came across the concept of a slow feed bowl, which is a dog bowl designed to slow eating in order to prevent bloat and other digestive issues. There are several options available, but the one I ended up choosing was JW's Skid Stop Slow Feed Bowl. Their design of a bowl partitioned into four sections that the dog has to eat around appeared as if it would be the most effective way to slow my dog's eating. What a difference it made! She went from often retching after eating to peacefully licking her chops. If your dog is a quick eater, I would recommend using a slow feed bowl. Even if your dog isn't eating rapidly to the point of retching, a slow feed bowl can help prevent bloat, which is one of the leading killers of dogs. Using a slow feed bowl is a simple, inexpensive way to help protect your pup!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cool idea! Wow, such an important thing to have for any dog owner! Thank you for sharing, I've never seen one of these before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Kate! Glad I could inform!

    ReplyDelete